The Orchestration Studio is a rapidly evolving feature of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne that enables organizations to simplify and automate business processes, as well as create highly integrated solutions that incorporate products outside of EnterpriseOne. It provides the critical processing capability to transfer Internet of Things data to JD Edwards E1 applications.
The Orchestrator is ideal for automating repetitive tasks, such as:
- Creating a user in JDE
- Verifying that the HTML instance functions well in the server manager
- Deleting cache inputs
- Interfacing external software, websites, and the 4.0 industry
- Status updating, sending alarms, creating an entry straight into your system
As the Orchestrator can also be used to communicate with third-party systems, you will be able to automate a wide array of tasks that contribute to the automation of entire business processes.
JD Edward’s EnterpriseOne applications are uniquely positioned to leverage the capabilities of modern technologies and offer highly customizable solutions to customers. These applications provide customers across many industries of all sizes and across all geographies with mature, stable, yet modern solutions with expertise functionality.
There are many reasons why a company may need to install JDE’s Orchestrations. Your company may need to process large amounts of data that already has a table structure, as data exists in E1 and needs to get out, or data coming into E1 fits into existing tables, and does not need a front end to process. Your company may need to make changes to a large set of existing data or needs to import large amounts of data from an external source, such as Excel or database. Finally, your company may want to increase automation for a manual, multi-step process in E1. These are all viable reasons as to why you may need to install Orchestrations into your ecosystem.
Let’s explore the key benefits of JD Edward’s Orchestrations:
- Lowers cost and complexity of existing integrations
- Real-time, always-on data transference
- Reduced manual data entry errors and untimely data
- Clearer analytics and better regulatory compliance
- Automate spreadsheets by connected to JDE and pulling information directly
- Enhanced preventative maintenance of assets through real-time, condition-based monitoring
- Turns devices into EnterpriseOne users
- Real-time, continuous, accurate data increases the value of your entire E1 system applications, OneView reports, watchlists, and mobile applications
- Intuitive tools for creating, testing, and deploying Orchestrations
- Delivers samples for testing your JD Edwards E1 implementation
- Blueprints for designing custom orchestrations
- Support for Oracle’s Internet of Things Cloud Service for further integration
ERP-One’s Orchestrations Integrations
We are proud of the projects we have completed for our clients using JDE Orchestrations!
- We have automated customer processes where excel had previously been used to format data exported from another system, only to be re-entered into JD Edwards. Depending on the volume, this can add significant time spent on manual tasks and is prone to human errors. Many of these examples fall under Asset Management, usually managed by another system, but required to be kept in line with JD Edwards. Orchestrations have been built to create assets based on real-time integration, or simply from an XLS output. We then create a 2nd Orchestration to transfer or move to existing asset locations.
- Orchestrations are also handy in a heavily audited environment, specifically around batch approval security. We have created orchestrations to take inputs from an approved source, outlining which users are approved and when. It is also the only process that creates these security records and allows for a controlled update of these records in an environment where this security will be changing often.
- Finally, an amazing and simple style of orchestration can be created for organizations that create and modify Business Units on a regular basis. When creating a Business Unit, multiple screens and programs are required when setting up. An Orchestration can be created to take the few data points required for this process and apply it to all parts of the process. This transformation has saved customers many of data input hours yearly.
As Oracle continues to develop the Orchestrator, ERP-One now offers an Orchestration Exploration workshop package that will help you discover the benefits of Orchestrations, how you can start thinking about which processes are good candidates for Orchestrations, and a plan for how to deliver Orchestrations to your business.